JavaScript Arcade

Drumset

screenshot of drumset site

Reflection: I really enjoyed this assignment! being able to follow a tutorial to build something out and then edit it for how you wanted it took a ton of stress away for me. Which in turn really helped me to be able to learn more about the processes going in. This challenge was #1 Drum Kit. The things I changed in this challenge was the background, changed border color for when button is played, added in multiple google fonts, and changed all the text colors. This challenge was a finikiy. I messed up a lot on this challenge while following the video. It was little things like spaces and what not, but it took me forever to figure them out.I also struggled to try to change the audio, I was just having trouble finding small audio and then trying to get them to work. So I decided to keep the original. I hope that this is something I can try to fix and add in to my portfolio somehow!

go to Drumset

Flex Box

screenshot of flexbox site

Reflection: I really enjoyed this assignment! being able to follow a tutorial to build something out and then edit it for how you wanted it took a ton of stress away for me. Which in turn really helped me to be able to learn more about the processes going in. This was challenge #5 Flex panel gallery. The things I changed up in this challenge was the background color, all the photos, the content, and added in google fonts. In this assignment I really got to learn how flex boxes worked, and that's honestly because I messed up while following the videos so many times lol. I struggled a little with following the videos at first. I also struggled with the font and words not sizing properly at first. I mostly fixed this, however the words when the tab is minimized make some columns bigger than the others. Not a really big deal but it just bothers me that I couldn't figured it out. Honestly I'm really proud of the way it turned out! I really want to be able to use something like this for my portfolio coming up!

go to flexbox

Mouse Move

screenshot of text shadow site

Reflection: I really enjoyed this assignment! being able to follow a tutorial to build something out and then edit it for how you wanted it took a ton of stress away for me. Which in turn really helped me to be able to learn more about the processes going in. This challenge was #16 Mouse Move shadow. I added in a google font for this challenge. IN addition I changed up the background color, the text colors and all the colors of the shadows. I tweaked the shadows a bit too so that they are more dramatic! I found this lesson really cool, as it was all about learning how to make things move on a page. At first it was a struggle to understand how you could get four things spinning when only changing the value -100 or 100. But eventually you see it makes so much sense! I'm really happy that I was finally able to understand what he was talking about in the video as well as being able to fully customize the site. I think next time I'd like to push myself further and try to learn how to do that to multiple things on a page!

go to Mouse move